[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Keep It To Yourself & Declining Entries

  • From: Robin Lyle <rrlyloak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:18:56 -0400

I grow weary of all the negativity and complaining about the GSDCA, our
regional clubs, the lack of good dogs (except our own), unacceptable
temperament, poor sportsmanship, bad manners at ringside, etc...  Sometimes
we’re prisoners of our own mindset no matter where we go or what we try!
Here’s a story I read today that illustrates this point....
There is the story of a traveler who approached the gates of an ancient city.
The gatekeeper sat quietly, and listened as the traveler announced that he had
left his old city and was looking for a new city in which to live.

“What’s this city like?” asked the traveler.

“What was your old city like?” returned the gatekeeper.

“It was terrible. People were mean and unfriendly. There were no jobs. The
government was an abomination, and the taxes onerous.”

“Well, that’s pretty much what you’ll find here,” admitted the
gatekeeper. So the traveler moved on in search of a better city.

A few hours later another traveler approached with a heavy load on his horse.
He also announced he was seeking a new home.

“What was it like in the town you came from?” inquired the gatekeeper.

“It was wonderful. Filled with lovely people who were always there to help
you. Even the politicians tried their best for the citizens. I wish I didn’t
have to leave on account of my job.”

“Well, that’s pretty much what you’ll find here,” reported the
gatekeeper. So the man entered the city.

*******
For the most part I've had very good experiences with the many diverse people
I've met in the German Shepherd world--Actually pretty typical. And I've
interacted with a lot of different people in many different venues, activities
and parts of the world.Then again I try to be positive and find the good in
those I meet.

Rob Lyle

http://showgsd.org/mail.html