[ SHOWGSD-L ] Katrina Rescue - Male GSD

  • From: "Dee and Joe" <jodeeshepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:12:35 GMT

I received a call from Charlene Marchand today about a male GSD rescued from
Louisiana.  This poor boy has been in 3 different shelters making his way
north.  He is estimated to be about 4-4/12 yrs. old.  Charlene tells me he is
very handsome but needs someone who is familiar with the breed and knows how to
do some basic training with  him.  She has named him Ray and tells me he has a
great temperament.  We don't believe he would fit in a home with other
dogs/cats, etc.  He shows aggression in the shelter towards cats but that can
be just the environment but who wants to take a chance.  He would also not be
for a home with small children since because of his age and no history, we
can't vouch for his reaction with children.
Charlene seems to feel very strongly about this boy and is looking for a good
home that is willing to give the boy a chance and work with him.  If you know
of anyone who would qualify, please contact me privately.  I know we have so
many out there and this guy seems like he has a lot going against him but just
surviving the move through shelters and the storm itself and still being very
friendly with adults, says he deserves a chance.  Anyone?
Dee

Jo-Dee's German Shepherds - Home of Am./Can. Ch. Fantasy's Saratoga Cutter and
our other two fur children, Sassy and Nokia.  God watch over all those we loved
and lost who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!