[ SHOWGSD-L ] Katrina

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:04:47 -0400

Hi Folks;
I am sitting here reading my mail from the last few days, and I have Dateline
on doing a special on the storm. I just happened to
look up, and here are 3 GSD's standing on what looked like a car in a heavily
flooded area and a Black Lab swimming in the
contaminated water. Ann Curry asked about the animals and he officer said that
they were not allowed to pick them up. My heart
just broke. I am sure that on top of losing everything else to have to leave
your best friend behind, I just could not imagine.

At the Newton Kennel Club shows, we collected money which will be matched by
the club, and at the request of Dr. Karen
Dashfield, our Vet on site and a GSD person the money will be sent to Louisiana
Veterinary Relief. I am also willing to foster,
if when things settle a little, that we can form transport chains across the
country.

My thoughts and prayers are will all the people in the Gulf area.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx