[ SHOWGSD-L ] Katrina

  • From: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 00:20:01 EDT

Just wanted to say how proud I was of my school  with the hurrican. they're
doing fun raisers for the hurrican and they had  people around school today and
at the first home football game today. They  looked to have picked up a lot
of money. Seeing all the stuff about Katrina and  seeing the devistating
conditions they have in new orleans really opened my  eyes. I mean yeah I saw
the
sunamie and all, but this hit home and I really got  to see what happened. All
the houses lost. People not knowning if they had a  home and many being
transported to Texas for a warm place to sleep. I can't  believe that a
catagory 1
hurrican became a catagory 4-5.I have been  following the news on the spanish
channel and Fox (my favorite news channel in  english). I really got a better
view on all of this when we talked  about it in geography class. I still am in
shock of all that has happened and I  just wanted to do something, feel like I
did something to give back so I'm  joing Pals Hope at school, a club that
supports fund raising stuff  like this that is in need. I still can't believe
how
we still don't have  any help from other countries yet. It hurts me to see
that we're in this tragity  and all the help we have done for other countries
and
we're having problems  with shortage of transportation for people who are
sick or maybe still in  there attics trying to stay alive. my Deepest
sympithies
go out to  those who have losted everything and hope that their lives we be
back to normal  soon.  God Bless you all.
Melissa