[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kathaleen's Some Thoughts post

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx" <diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:19 -0500

The easiest way to implement this would be for the ballot to list the
judges in clearly separate venues and to instruct the recipient to vote for
judges in one venue only -
conformation OR obedience OR herding OR agility OR rally.

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

the member has participated in AT the National within the past 5 years - by
the bare minimum of making an entry in that venue.  The only other caveat
to that would be that AKC licensed judges or Members of 20+ years may also
vote regardless of 5 year minimum.

> This sounds like a great idea, as I for one am tired of non-herders
picking my herding judges!  The only problem (and it's a mighty huge one)
is HOW will the right people get the right ballots?

> Who is going to sort thru the membership list & say "Joe Blow gets a
breed ballot only, Jane Blow gets a breed & a herding ballot??"
> And how about the member who's been out of it for 5 plus years & finally
has a contender? No ballot at all?