[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kathaleen's Some Thoughts post

  • From: diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:57:49 +0000

In part Kathaleen posted
   ii.      Membership voting rights should be limited to the venues that the
member has participated in AT the National within the past 5 years - by the
bare minimum of making an entry in that venue.  The only other caveat to that
would be that AKC licensed judges or Members of 20+ years may also vote
regardless of 5 year minimum.

This sounds like a great idea, as I for one am tired of non-herders picking my
herding judges!  The only problem (and it's a mighty huge one) is HOW will the
right people get the right ballots?

Who is going to sort thru the membership list & say "Joe Blow gets a breed
ballot only, Jane Blow gets a breed & a herding ballot??"
And how about the member who's been out of it for 5 plus years & finally has a
contender? No ballot at all?

Another potential snafu... Jane Blow paid a handler to put herding titles on
her dog. Does that count as knowledgable enough to vote on herding judges?

I recall a 'comedy' bit where George Carlin was speaking about elections.  It
was his opinion that only people who did not vote could complain about an
election. He explained that if you voted for someone who turned out to be an
idiot, he was still your choice... and therefore could not complain.
It sorta makes sense.  How many people would admit to voting for an idiot??
;-)

Diane
& Jack HX