[ SHOWGSD-L ] KOBE's National

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:42:57 EDT

First, I want to send good wishes for Kobe's complete recovery. I cant
imagine the agony of not knowing what is wrong with one of our dogs, and  of
not being able to help him.

It is very disturbing to consider the possibility of having another
exhibitor hurting one of our dogs. But it may not even come to that.

I have had my hands on Kobe before, and was right next to him Saturday
night right after Ann got off the phone with the vet and received confirmation
that Kobe was presumably poisoned.  We even gave her a bottle of Pedialyte
to give to Kobe to help hydrate him again.  Kobe was showing signs of being
 "high", and I can see why amphetamines could be considered. Caffeine
could also be an option.

What I know is that Kobe is a sound dog, and was not himself on Saturday,
even as late as 11pm.

Now, I was aware of many other dogs having lose stools, one of ours was
indeed sick.  The stalls had lots of manure still on them, and who knows  what
else. I thanked Richard Sotile for his idea of placing a tarp on our stall
and the shavings on top of that to try and protect the dogs.  I think we
did pretty good, and still one of our dogs had lose stools by Friday. I know
my  dogs were not exposed to anything else as they were constantly
supervised and  slept in the room with us.

Ann was riddle with guilt for having left Kobe in the van. I can understand
 her feelings. Many people left their dogs in the car, and I am sure they
are all  now developing other plans for the future, and for the safety of
their  dogs.

I am hopeful that future test will be more specific in determining what in
fact affected Kobe.  Someone should check with the hotel to see if they
have security cameras. I know our hotel did, and we were right next door. Who
knows, maybe someone has a picture of someone near Ann's van without even
knowing it.
Or maybe the test will detect something like mushrooms, which were readily
available on the surrounding hotel grounds.  Even food poisoning could be a
 culprit.

My hope is that we wait to see what happened. If it is confirmed that Kobe
was poisoned, I hope whoever did this is nailed to the wall.  If it turns
out that it was something else, I beg Kathy and Ann to share that also to
help  protect ALL OF OUR DOGS in the future.

Whatever happens, I know that I speak for the fancy when I say we look
forward to seeing Kobe, the Kobe we all know, back on the ring  again.

Best of luck.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
Select Excellent AM CH & Sel CAN CH  Karizma's Cacique of Inquest TC aka
DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date  (major pointed) aka JACKIE
Inquest Huckleberry Fun - That Hot Black Dog aka  HUCKS
Inquest Doc Holliday - aka DOC
and Bunny, aka Her Majesty, aka THE  BOSS

In a message dated 10/18/2010 10:22:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm  trying really hard not to mix the two emotions I'm feeling - but what
happened  to Kobe is the dark side of this national story. He's home and
fine now. Ann  spent 5 hours at the vet with him in Layton and ran all kinds of
tests. The  vet believes he ingested some kind of LSD/amphetamine. He
hydrated him and  calmed him and told Ann that it would take 8-12  hours to get
out of his  system. He couldn't do any kind of further testing - state laws,
etc because  they were only an Emergency Clinic. We did have him do liver,
kidney, cbc  which were all normal, ruling out an infection or any liver or
kidney problem  due to the ingestion.  He was running a 103.5 temp which vet
said is  common with drug poisoning.  Ann said that by around midnight he
was  nearly himself. Prior to that he was shivering, shaking, didn't know her
and  was very edgy - almost hallucinatory (all of which I witnessed
myself-and you  saw in the ring).  A very sad day for her, me and Kobe and for
the
term  'good sports
manship'.

I can ASSURE you all that you will see GV Ch.  Canadian  Ch.Am Select
Excellent Ch. Kobe again being himself. We will be  sure that he is protected.
That is a promise!! And my last words about this  are: SHAME ON  YOU.

Kathy