[ SHOWGSD-L ] K9 Veterans Day

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:51:59 -0700

Thank you, GSDCA for supporting this.  More can be found about this
event (tentatively scheduled for March, 2010 at:
<http://www.k9veteransday.org/>

Please join the group to assist in acquiring a recognized K9 Veteran Day
!!

K9 Veterans Day Update August 2009

Dear Friends of K9 Veterans,

I do hope that this report finds you and yours well and good, and that
your
faith in this effort is as strong as ever, as this effort is growing
stronger week by week. And now is the time to undertake the task of
bringing us
together as one voice for those who have no voice, as the power of our
voice as one, is the key to our success. We need to be a growing army
on the
march, and we now have enough numbers to start marching.

Below is a list of the 31 groups, both small and nation wide, currently
professing support for this march, and a countless number of
individuals could
also be included if time allowed. And more are coming.

Supporters

German Shepherd Dog Club of America
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue K9
Tupper Lake Fire and Rescue K9 Soldier
Dog Scouts #148
366th Security Police
German Shepherd Rescue of Michigan
Humane Society of Tampa
Miami Pet Rescue
K9 Pride
Pennsylvania Federation of Dog Clubs
Greater Panama City Dog Fanciers Association
Friends of Bay County Animal Rescue
The 4-H Club of Florida
The Golden Retriever Club of America
American Belgian Malinois Club
The Mixed Breed Dog Clubs of America
Humane Society of Pinellas County
Virginia Search and Rescue Dog Association
San Diego Sheriff Search and Rescue K9
Illinois Police Work Dog Association
Texas Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
Blount County (AL) Animal Shelter
The American Rottweiler Club
Military Working Dog Adoptions.com
Florida Association of Kennel Clubs
Working Pit Bull Association
Border Terrier Club of America
Long Island Dog Owners Group
Lake Region (NH) Kennel Club

I believe that the list represents a very strong base from which to
begin
the march, and so I feel that it is time to give the marching orders,
and
then add to our numbers along the way. I propose/challenge that we march
into March 13 with an all 50 state, 500 town and city, event