[ SHOWGSD-L ] K-9 Memories or GSD Stories

  • From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:40:32 -0800

On December 21st, I posted the following:
What if (we) compiled a book of K-9 memories of our dogs with all the
proceeds going to GSD Rescue?   Hmmm payback for our great memories going to
dogs in need today.  Helen Franklin

The following day Sheryl writes "When I suggested the idea for the GSD
Stories book..."

I guess great minds think alike...

Helen Franklin

Msg: #2 in digest

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 05:46:10 -0800 (PST)

From: Sheryl Scott <sherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: GSD Stories

List,

When I suggested the idea for the GSD Stories book, my thinking is that
whoever wanted to submit their stories could do so rather than pull them
from the posts. That way, whoever wants their stories in the book can submit
them. People can even submit them anonomously if they like. I know I have
really enjoyed reading all of the stories! Some of them have even brought a
tear to me eye! (Especially the hero type stories!) Makes you appreciate our
breed even more!! German, American, Pet or Show! Now to find someone to pull
it all together....... Sheryl Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx wrote: In a message
dated 12/21/2004 9:09:58 AM Mountain Standard Time,

sherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I don't know about anyone else, but I have really enjoyed reading

> everyone's GSD &dog stories. I think it would be cool to put together a
book with

> everyone's stories. Maybe they could be made and sold for some sort of
cause. I

> know I would buy one!!

So would I. What a great idea. Maybe it could be sorta like the cook book

that Sue Godek made me buy at every show she saw me at and the proceeds

could go for any one of our great causes.

I move that someone very organized and enthusiastic like Dania look into

this. Or maybe Helen, since she started this thread. :-)