[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just who is John Goodwin, anyway?????????

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 01:09:23 -0400

from another list.......shared by Peggy
   John Goodwin has been speaking out lately on behalf of HSUS--he's apparently
the HSUS "expert" on dogfighting.
 When he was known as JP Goodwin, he was very active in the Animal Liberation
Front (ALF).  Prior to that, Goodwin dropped out of high school to become a
professional protester.  He was part of the Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade
(CAFT), and around that time, stated "My goal is the abolition of all animal
agriculture."  He's developed a lengthy arrest record in pursuit of that goal.

  He was arrested and convicted for being the ringleader of a crew that
vandalized fur retailers in multiple states during the 1990s.  The
animal-rights watchdog newspaper Animal People News profiled Goodwin in 2000,
noting that he gleefully announced a string of Animal Liberation Front mink
releases and arsons against furriers and fur farms while acting as a spokesman
for the underground terrorist group.

  Goodwin really shocked the public with his comments on the March 1997 arson
at a farmer's feed co-op in Utah.  Referring to a fire that caused almost $1
million in damage and could easily have killed a family sleeping on the
premises, Goodwin told the Deseret News, "We're ecstatic."

  If you would like to see Goodwin as he appeared Thursday standing outside the
courthouse at the Michael Vick hearing, click here:    http://tinyurl.com/3dawko

        Obviously, HSUS either doesn't check out people before hiring them, OR,
maybe "underground terrorist" is a qualification mentioned under Goodwin's new
"job description."  To become "top dog" in the HSUS campaign to wipe out animal
fighting, JP's criminal past and his danger to national security must have been
overlooked.   Despite the fact that the FBI considers ALF a much greater danger
than dogfighting, Goodwin is not only gainfully employed but he is now an
"expert" in the field.  Perhaps one day he will share his professional history
and achievements with us all.

  Possibly the following John Goodwin quotes appeared on his resume and piqued
the interest of Wayne Pacelle, his employer.

  "It's time for the animal rights movements to take this [fur] industry and
drive the final nail into the coffin by whatever means it takes." (World
Congress for Animals, June 1996)

  "We have found that civil disobedience and direction action has been powerful
in generating massive attention in our communities ... and has been very
effective in traumatizing our targets." (National Animal Rights Convention,
June 1997)

  "Many avenues of social change are available to us. While not all tactics are
effective or acceptable, a variety of approaches are needed to create the type
of world we all want to live in. The effective use of the political process is
an essential ingredient in the recipe for a humane world."  (Grassroots
Outreach Coordinator for the Humane Society of the United States)

  Wayne Pacelle and the HSUS are "educating" the general public again.  Pacelle
would like us all to know "How Your Donations Are Spent."  (see below ... from
the HSUS website)  That's odd.  I could swear I received a request by Pacelle
for a "special donation" for the care of Michael Vick's dogs.  Ah, yes.  I do
recall that now.  That was "before" the U.S. Attorney was interested in their
most recent solicitation for funds.  It is no longer the "special donation"
fund.  It is now the "campaign against dogfighting and cruelty."  Could this be
a "misdirection of monies" from the world's richest animal rights organization?