[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just the way I see it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:59:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/05 7:55:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
We had  our meeting last night,and our  President ,and Show Chairman
said  that they had a lot of complaints from the  Futurity exhibitors on the
new
Futurity Plaques.--that they didn't like them,and  preferred the  original
ones.
Any comments from other Futurity  winners?

Is it possible some of those thoughts might be because Eugene sold the club
the old style plaques for years?  I liked the old ones with the heads  screwed
on. Then they glued them on, and I didn't like them as much.  I  need to know
my head is screwed on properly.

The new ones are OK, but the dog on them is a representative of movement, I
don't think I have ever seen a dog move that way, and I am not so sure I want
to. I like the plaque I have from this year. I will let you know after 40
years if the dog falls off.

I think they are too heavy, and when you have to carry the Best, Best
Opposite or Reserve, it takes a bit of work. Maybe we could investigate making
them
lighter?  Either that, or only award them to young people.

On that point, doesn't anyone realize how we have aged?  Why do they  still
print catalogues in 10 pt. type?  We need at least 14 pt, and  anything over
that would be great.

We need to also consider oxygen at ringside, rings that are set up to allow
those motorized wheel chairs, (it looks like a NASCAR rally at the shows now),
 and a way to cater to the more mature exhibitors.

Let's give this some thought.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together