[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: --Just my opinion

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 08:47:17 -0700

What a nice idea, and it gives me an idea of what to do when my last one
goes.
For years I lived on acreage and had anywhere from 5-10 dogs, plus an
occasional litter, that raised that number for a couple of months or so.
When I moved from country acreage to city living I moved with 5 dogs. That
was 7 years ago. Now I have one 10 year old left. When she was born the only
pup, I held her to look her over, then said "someday you and I will be
solo". I named her Arelee's Solo flight.
We have been "solo" the past two years, now.
People often ask me if I am going to get another dog, once my last one has
crossed the bridge. I have always told them I hate the thought of being "dog
less", but I am not sure about taking on a puppy, with the expectation of it
living 10 -12-14 years.
Thanks to you I now have plan B in mind. I certainly would be willing to
take a 7 to10 year old dog.
Good plan. Thanks for the wonderful idea.
Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA