[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: --Just my opinion

  • From: TLSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:07:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2007 9:57:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
But  sadly enough I have heard of breeders "getting rid of" the
olders ones to  make way for the next generation..

Okay, I have to chime in here, whether I put my foot in my mouth yet  again
or not.  I have placed several of my older adults when their  show/breeding
careers are over IF I know they are going to a better place -  meaning, are
they
going to be the CENTER OF ATTENTION and not part of the "pack"  here clamoring
for their place amongst the rest of the kids.  I  feel THAT is what they
deserve - undivided attention and care just for  them.  They only go if I am
100
percent sure it is the best place they can  be, otherwise, they stay here as
long as their time permits.  Nor would I  EVER consider putting one of them
down
just to "make room" either, as I am  usually the one responsible for them
being here on this planet to begin  with.  This is just my opinion, and please
don't take offense to it, we all  believe differently.

Terri  Stout
_Cresthaven Kennels_ (http://cresthavenkennels.com/)