[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: --Just my opinion

  • From: NHANSBURGH@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:40:46 -0400

I personally think that the German Shepherd looks his very best between
the ages of ten and twelve. They get incredibly majestic. Their coats
thicken and stay quite lush. I filmed one of my bitches on her eleventh
birthday and they are some of the most gorgeous pictures I have

I had a very famous handler once tell me that this four year old dog I
was showing was over the hill. I should never have listened to him.
Well I saw his dogs and by the age of seven they looked thirteen. My
four year old stayed exactly the same and when he finally died in his
sleep at the age of thirteen he still looked like he was four years
old.