[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just my opinion...

  • From: Joan M Tuthill <tutslist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All
On Saturday, Sept 4th 2005, the GSDC/GNH hosted an AKC match - our judge was Al
Martin. I would like to say he did a very good job - in my opinion, for
whatever that is worth. He came at his own expense. My dog placed second in a
class of 5, in case that makes a difference in judging my critique. He took a
bit of time to instruct the juniors, then tested them on the "lesson" then had
them go around again, then placed them. This did take a bit of time, a couple
(2) of exhibitors complained, more of the exhibitors supported. When he did the
breed judging it seemed to me that he did a very good job. I could understand
which ones he picked and why, and even if I would have done one or two a little
bit different, I could not - would not - say he was wrong in  his choices. I
understand that he is going for his judging license. I say hooray. He drew a
strong entry, did a great job, I would invite him back or show under him again
in a heartbeat.

Our Sweeps Judge was Nancy Vaught - I would also put an entry under her any day
of the week. Too bad she does not want to go for a judging license, or so I was
told by someone close to her.

Our entry was very good - the puppies themselves were beautiful for the most
part - What an exciting next 2 years I see for these pups and their owners.
Watch out doggie world here come the cream of the crop. There were several I
would have loved to take home and one little bitch I would have bought if I
could have. I would have offered to buy her if I could have done justice by
her. Looks like at least a Select to me (year 2007).

This match looked like a prodigy class for two of our top stud dogs and one up
and coming stud dog. If you can get to this years national it will be well
worth the trip and next years also.

Well that's my opinion, and I'm a stickin' to it...  Joan M Tuthill

Joan M Tuthill
Tuthill Shepherds based in CT.