[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just my opinion

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:38:51 EDT

We are up to our eyeballs in the senior generation - and wouldn't do it
differently! What a pleasure to see the ex-show dogs, the
dogs-that-didn't-turn-out-but-the-right-home-never-came-by, the dogs that stole
your heart without ever
being a show dog and are such a joy to be with still..............we have
Buster who's 13 now, Ida who's nearly 12 (one month away), Elton and Jessie who
are 11, Ferguson who will be 10 in November -  all by our Gus, who passed at
13, and all still so strong and healthy - we are truly blessed and so very
thankful. The seniors gave us and give us joy every single day of our lives.
Perhaps we have done them a disservice by not placing them, advertising and
looking
for a home for them, but we couldn't live with ourselves if we placed them and
found them to be mistreated, not cared for, ignored, or abandoned. It's why
we don't breed very often at all. But we cherish each and every dog that finds
a home with us until they pass on. It's who we are, for good or for bad.

Pat
gsdStyle german shepherds
2x Sel Excellent CH Here Comes Trouble
Sel CH Egoiste, ROM
CH Seacrest's Silk Stockings
and of course, gsdStyle's Dizzy Miss Lizzy and Nikiree's Charmed and Dangerous