[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: --Just my opinion

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:37:09 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2007 11:59:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:
beryl,  there is a young dog out there somewhere who will one day end up
alone
and  bewildered, dumped in a kill shelter because his owners can no longer be

bothered with him.  that dog now has hope.  thank  you.
diane

Several decades ago when we were living in California I had a litter of
puppies.  A girl (woman) came to look at them and in the process of  talking to
her about dogs and all I ended up lending her some GSD books which  she said
she
would bring back in a few days and make up her mind about a  puppy.  Well,
she came back with an older GSD in the back seat and told me  she had gone to
the humane society and gotten this 9 year old dog.  His  owners had gotten
tired
of him and turned him in.  He was wonderful, loved  children, etc.  So she
decided to take him rather than a puppy.  I was  glad she had done that as I
knew my puppies would have homes.  She told me  when she took him she got the
phone number of the people and called them  thinking they would be pleased and
they were very angry the humane society had  given him to someone.  Would you
believe??!!  She did bring back my  books too.

I think Beryl has an excellent idea about adopting an older dog.

Of course, given the way Monty and Rags have been behaving here lately,  they
might be good candidates for anyone looking!   LOL

Tish