[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just more of the same

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:39:25 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Evan, the overall quality at the Specialties is very good (and I
know Evan does not go to All Breeds so this is strictly talking Specialties).
The days of throwing in a dog just for fun or training are just about gone, as
well as convincing a "pet" owner to help with entry #'s.  So the game is still
tough enough, and campaining a dog to a championship is still not easy!

If clubs do not want to cluster with an All Breed Show, a great alternative is
using the Parent Club Shows.  We did this last year with great success and will
do it again this year.  Since the PC can host unlimited Shows, it is a great
way to offer a 3 show possibly even 4 show 2 day weekend.  Some of the clubs
are doing this and it is a great way to have a good sized entry.

Just some thoughts

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

GrCh. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
GrCh. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA