[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just catching up

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:45:23 EDT

It sure has been a hectic spring around here.  This weather is insane,  and
thank God we haven't had anything but rain, compared to the rest of the
country.  While in OH last weekend, we watched in horror and amazement
tornadoes
happening all about the country.  I keep praying that no one gets  hurt.

Spend a week in FL with my son in the hospital with a heart  condition.  He
will need rehabilitation, but will be ok, and for that I am  grateful. It sure
was scary.

My oldest daughter informed us that she is ready to have a kid. In about  two
years.  I am already shopping....LOL

Came home to my husband and youngest daughter back from school from  TX.  You
couldn't tell who was happier, me or the dogs.........nah, the  dogs went
nuts, I was happier.

Took a short vacation with my husband, much needed, much appreciated. Ready
to take another one...LOL

Now I am nursing a cracked rib, thanks to a lunatic Rottweiler who nearly
got a friend of mine who was standing next to me at the dog park. We were just
there, and he was just there.  We were watching Dexter (who was out running
with another one of his girlfriends), when this dog just snapped.  Years of
dealing with unstable dogs (read foster dogs) came in handy. We got a few
scratches and my already injured rib is
re-injured again, but we are good.

Dogs............. I still cant think of life without them.

Read about someone being rude to Barbara Williams.  I have a  theory:  they
thought they were going to get away with that......then  again, maybe they just
didn't know any better.  Or it was a case of  miscommunication.   Hope they
realize and acknowledge  their  mistake and apologize for their lack of tact.
Barbara is an icon and  the work she does for the breed....we cant never thank
her enough.

Love the peace and quiet on this list. Everyone once in a while there is a
burp, or a "leak"  from "another" list, but for the most we are reading  good
info, good jokes, and there is good camaraderie.  No wonder.

Plan to go to shows this weekend just to hang out.

Planning on having a 17 year old take over my life.  And looking  forward to
it. <G>.

Hope everyone is doing well.  And we will be praying for Bob Van  Winkle.

Ileana

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.