[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just ask

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:52:46 EST

In a message dated 1/29/2007 12:56:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Evan..Please enlighten me a bit..why would the AKC..align itself with  the
Hunte corp?

. I  wrote a letter to the editor explaining that the AKC was not a quality
control  organization..only a registry

We tend to forget what the AKC is.  It is a registry, and a business.  They
lost 20% of their income from registrations for the past eight  years.   That
is a big loss for any business. So, they must find an  income source or go out
of business.

Hunte deals in thousands of dogs, and if the AKC obtains registration fees
on everyone of them, that is a substantial income for the AKC.  At the same
time they can regulate Hunte, and Hunte can advertise that his puppies are AKC
registered.

We all would love for the AKC to be an altruistic institution, only
interested in the welfare of dogs. But, it isn't.  It is a business, one
involved in
dogs, but only a registry, trying to make money.  In order to  build the
image, and to promote their value, the AKC does a great deal of  advertising,
support of research, and provide information.  In return the  public supports
their
actions.  It is a good combination as it allows us a  system of value, dog
shows.

We cannot criticize the AKC for wanting to exist and survive.  The
affiliation with Hunte is a natural consequence of the mission of the AKC.
Build a
reputation, protect that image, and earn substantial income.  With  that they
regulate our hobby, and provide a great diversion to the problems of  life.

Dreams are great, but only for the individual.  Trying to force  someone else
to live our dreams is due to fail.

.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together