[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just an idea to make things more interesting

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:38:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/06 3:27:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jkerner@xxxxxxxxx writes:
on  Saturday morning, before the judging the Best of Breed competition
commences  at the GSDCA National specialty show, would you suggest that we
start
firing  off gun shots for the possible 110 Specials  entered?

I have an even better idea.  Saturday morning, whoever didn't get  voted to
judge the natiional,  (4th place judge),  should be given a  hand gun and they
will try to shoot at least 100 of the 110 dogs entered,  (adjusted for the
size of the entry).

Those dogs who are so dumb that they come back to the ring, should be
disqualified, and those who are not shot, (smart enough to duck) get to go
Select.
It would save the time of the show, let us pick on intellegence, and  avoid
all the criticism that the dogs have been trained to trick the judge on
temperament.

Maybe we could also arm the handlers, and let them shoot back.  In  that way
we could truly determine who is sound, and who is hiding behind  training.
Also, maybe we could have those who get up early enough be given  rifles and
they
could sit at special designated seating selected by Gail  Hardcastle, based
on age and how feble they are, or on pricing, so you could pay  more for a
better shot.  It would be additional income for the club.   Each person could
decide on who to aim for, the judge, the handler, the dog or  perhaps others in
the shooting gallery.

I like what this is turning into. It sounds like a lot more fun that the
nationals used to be. So dull and boring. Finally an idea to make it exciting.
Also, it is more inclusion and less exclusion.

Let's keep thinkiing of ways to  improve our national. It has become  of so
little interest, that no one seems to desire to go any more. This might be  a
solution.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together