[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just an idea...

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:36:47 GMT

Why?  What good would that do?  Per our By-Laws, the Annual Meeting =

agenda is published in advance, yet, our president chose to ignore it =

and presented the Purina Infomercial, out of order, at the last =

Annual Meeting.  He had a captive audience from all over the Country. =

Was worth a lot to Purina's advertising budget, don't you think? =

Paula, 76 days and counting

From: "Terry Reed" <terryr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Just an idea...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:18:30 -0400

Forgive me if this is already being done, I certainly don't know of =

it.
I think that the agenda for each Board Meeting should be published to =

the =

membership at least a week before the meeting is to be held.  This =

could be =

done via email for those with that capability and on the parent club =

web =

site.  Board members attend these meetings on behalf of the =

membership, and =

on some occassions I am sure that subjects arise and decissions made =

where =

some Board members do not feel like they have a true pulse of how the =

membership feels.    By publishing the agenda the membership would =

have the =

opportunity to contact their Board members to express their concerns =

and on =

many occassions, their expertise, on specific upcomming topics.  =

Quite often =

what happens now is that we go through a lot of bandaids to try to =

stop the =

bleeding and heal the wounds.  It will also help to curb the =

innuendos and =

"leaking" of  selected pieces of  information.
They publish the agenda for the School Board so the public knows what =

is =

being discussed.... I don't see why it shouldn't happen for the GSDCA.
Just a thought,
Terry
Touchstone German Shepherds
www.touchstonegsd.esmartweb.com =