[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just an idea...

  • From: "Terry Reed" <terryr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:18:30 -0400

Forgive me if this is already being done, I certainly don't know of it.
I think that the agenda for each Board Meeting should be published to the
membership at least a week before the meeting is to be held.  This could be
done via email for those with that capability and on the parent club web
site.  Board members attend these meetings on behalf of the membership, and
on some occassions I am sure that subjects arise and decissions made where
some Board members do not feel like they have a true pulse of how the
membership feels.    By publishing the agenda the membership would have the
opportunity to contact their Board members to express their concerns and on
many occassions, their expertise, on specific upcomming topics.  Quite often
what happens now is that we go through a lot of bandaids to try to stop the
bleeding and heal the wounds.  It will also help to curb the innuendos and
"leaking" of  selected pieces of  information.
They publish the agenda for the School Board so the public knows what is
being discussed.... I don't see why it shouldn't happen for the GSDCA.
Just a thought,
Terry
Touchstone German Shepherds
www.touchstonegsd.esmartweb.com