[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just a little Posie brag

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:41:56 EDT

This weekend the infamous Posie earned her PT, making her Erynbrook's
Double Exposure CGC (8 months), RN (10 months), HT (13 months), PT (17 months).

She was the only GSD entered in this trial and many people complimented us
on  how beautifully she moved and how calmly she handled the stock. One
long-time  working dog lady said "I'd have a GSD if I could have one like
that!"
I of  course offered her one <g> but she's not quite ready for a 4th dog
yet.

Before I forget, big kudos to Posie's handler Kathy Howse. On Saturday they
 used trial sheep (instead of test sheep) for the PT runs. Only 4 out of 8
dogs qualified and I'm not sure any of them would have except for following
 Kathy's example. The first 2 dogs ahead of us failed to qualify. When
Kathy  went in she kept Posie at least 30 feet off the stock, using a series of

stops and walk-ups to carefully move the sheep through the course. The
other  handlers thanked her for showing them how it could be done and those
whose dogs  could be controlled, passed. Kathy was very proud of Posie and I
was
very proud  of them both. Of course yesterday's drama made today's test
sheep look like a  walk in the park.

Posie is by Juie Degen's CH Caisson's Unconditional Surrender TD HSAs MX
MXJ XF and out of Erynbrook's Cafe Au Lait HIT (who may be joining her
daughter  in the herding arena soon.)

Now on to Started -- and obedience when I am no longer on  crutches!

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German  Shepherd Rescue
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength  of the Wolf is
the Pack." -- Rudyard Kipling