[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just a few thoughts

  • From: "Sally Hayden" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 10:22:27 -0500

Here are just a few answers gather from responses here on the list-  whether
the people who responded have official info I don't know

Should the Parent Club fund the entire action.  (Who else would do  it?).
    The PC will fund the whole action - hopefully with lots of corporate
support
Should the Parent Club even do it?
    We don't have any choice this has already been decided
Should it be at the same time as the National?
    It is the week before the national - (so if you want to see all you had
better start working 2 jobs now  to pay for 2 wks on the road in motels
etc)

What role will the WDA have, and how much control?
    None that I can figure out - hopefully will volunteer to help
Who is going to be responsible for the costs?
     The PC
Who is going to get any profits?
     Who knows
Will there be profits?
      Don't know
Who is going to be responsible for losses and liability?
     PC?
What role do the foreign organizations have in the show?
    Don't know
Will the World Show interfere with the National?
    If you attend both you maybe broke and exhausted by the time the
national arrives
What control does the GSDCA board have over the other countries?
    None that I know of
Will other organizations have any liability to the GSDCA?
     Don't know
Whose insurance will be responsible?
      Great question but since the pc puts the show on I would guess the
pc's insurance

Who has run the shows in the past, and what has been the results?
                ?
What is the role of the AKC?  Certainly they are better situated to do this.
   They gave their blessing

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org