[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just a dog

  • From: "castle kennels" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:35:58 -0500

I couldn't agree more.  GSDs don't do well warehoused and it just  breaks my

heart how many are.  I want mine underfoot, in the house,  sleeping on the
bed, "helping" me in the kitchen, playing in the garden

And I'll add to that.... tripping me as they race down the stairs seeing who
will get to the door first!

Like you, Kathy, I couldn't bear to see my dogs locked up in crates or runs
all day.  They do take turns being in the house because the two bitches have
to be separated.  I hate juggling them because one is outside and one is
inside.  I used to have dogs and bitches that all got along, no fights, and
it was wonderful to sit on the deck at night with all of them in their own
places on the deck enjoying the cool breezes of the night.

I feel that if I can't enjoy having my dogs with me, then why have them.
But that is just me and I am not a big breeder.  I guess that is why I am
NOT a big breeder.

Pat
Castle Kennels, LTD.
Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign