[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just a dog

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:00:59 -0500

Unfortunately it is not uncommon for dogs to not be dogs when show folks have
them - look at all the little dogs, cockers, etc. who live in pens, etc.

Showing isn't a life or death thing as far as I am concerned - accidents
happen. Some years ago, I did a litter of three - one boy finished from the
puppy class with a specialty major and a specialty weekend Group II, the other
boy finished with three five point specialty majors.. The sister had 6 points
and one major in 3 shows and in her co-ownership home, went over the 6 foot
privacy fence and was killed by a car. Accidents happen - life goes on... Was I
T'd at the co-owner - definately, but that happens...

My dogs go everywhere and do everything - I believe that dogs that are allowed
to be dogs are better showdogs because they are more confident, more self
assured and have attitude. If someone comes up lame for a while, oh well. I own
dogs because I love dogs...and because of that, I love the things that dogs
do...

I have a tough time with all the dogs who live their entire lives in kennel
situations (and I will tell you that to your face). I grew up where dogs were
housedogs, did things, went places, etc... and they were also show dogs and
good ones at that. I don't mind dogs that live in runs as long as they still
get to enjoy life too.

As that silly Pedigree ad says - DOGS RULE..

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.