[ SHOWGSD-L ] Just a couple small-big brags!

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:04:36 EDT

I have a couple of what I call 'small-big' brags, just because they are neat.
 As everyone knows, there are less and less specialties, especially before
the national.  So yesterday, I put my just-turned 6 month old puppy bitch in a
local all-breed show for some practice, so I could see how much 'work' she
would need.  Well, she showed like a 'dream', and even stood still at the
appropriate times!  She was WB, BOW, and BEST OF BREED over a male special!
Now, in
20 years I've been showing, I've never had a puppy win her first time out at 6
months of age, win a BEST OF BREED.  Wow, that was fun.  The shepherd folks
gave her (and me) their support, and people from other breeds came over and
said
what a lovely puppy she is.  Darcey Stuck Foulkrod  (my all-breed handler)
did her usual great job.  You ask who the puppy is out of?  She is out of GV
Honky Tonk and Carob-Tindrock's Legacy, who is a Sel.Concho-Ch. Carob's Kenya,
ROM (dam of Sel. Ch. Tina) daughter.
I never bragged about this at the time, but Ch. Tindrock Eventide Rising Sun
(Sonny) 1st place Sr. Mat dog/MA this past spring, won the two Ottawa
specialties last month under Danny Dwier and Kathy Potter.   Bart and Cindy
have had
this dog for conditioning and have done a nice job with him at the maturity and
in Canada.  We are very pleased for these wins.

And last but not least, my 3 month old male puppy "Jack", will be part of the
NY State Troopers 'program' at the NY State Fair for 2 weeks, starting this
week.  The troopers do two demos a day "for the kids", and they wanted to make
it more 'fun', so they are going to present "Jack" as a 'police dog in
training'.  They are going to have some agility equipment out for him to play
with
and play with the kids afterwards.  They say he will be in air-conditioned
quarters safe in a kennel run in between the two police dogs, and go home with
the
trooper in charge of him for 2 weeks.  It's a little scary letting a promising
show puppy  (especially since he's from his dam's last litter and he's a
repeat of 2 Ch. full brothers) go away for 2 weeks, but Jack is a real cutie
and
it will be good for him and the kids!  Anyhow, see you all soon.   Thanks for
listening!  Cheryl Olson/Tindrock Shepherds