[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just Maybe we're doing it wrong

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:34:19 -0700 (PDT)

Ed started the subject line.  I am with you too.  It is about education.  Ok,
so the government needs the education, so let's get to it.  The reason I keep
writing to tv shows and hosts and news programs is to try to get information
out that really does tell the truth.  If we can get the people feeding the
ferrel cats to also get involved in using the low cost spay neuter programs
that are here too in Dade county, then we can cut down the population.

  If we do not work to educate the public about what across the board
sterilization will mean, we will lose.

  It is up to us who are in the dog industry to educate everyone we come in
contact with about the truth and what needs to be done.

  As a trainer I preach constantly about not breeding without reason, and good
reason.  My Vizla client is hoping to breed her male, he is finished and
waiting for a girl.  He should breed.  That is the only client at this time I
think has a dog worth breeding, the rest get a no no from me on breeding and
lots of why's.

  We have to get the word out in every way we can.
  sheila