[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just Maybe we're doing it wrong

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:05:23 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure the pro sterilization-ists think that sterilizing every single animal
in the free world is the only way to combat overpopulation of pet type animals.
 They need an education about what animals are truely overpopulating.  They
need to see what careful conciencious breeding can do for the health and
happiness of both animal and human.

  They all need a history lesson too.  Humans would not be where we are today
if it were not for the dog and the cow, sorry vegies out there, but without
keeping dogs to help hunt and cows to end the need to spend days hunting, we
would still be gathering seeds from the ground where they fall.

  I too believe that there is a serious over population of animals being killed
all too often.  It is the person who feeds all those ferrel cats that I want to
talk to, if your gonna feed them you gotta sterilize them, to cut down on the
number of ferrels produced.

  I tell people not to breed their dog or buy one from a pet shop. Neither is a
good idea.  I explain what a mill is and how they work.  For every one dog sold
in a store, there is another litter produced under the most horrible
conditions.  For every dog you produce to show your kids the miracle of birth
or worse so that you can have one to keep and have no real usable plans for the
other 4 that come with the one you wanted to keep.  You will not make your
money back if you take proper care of the mom during pregnancy and that the
babies will have needs and should be kept together till 12 weeks.

  I think I get about 50% believing me and the others would not believe it was
raining even when they are soaked and stuck by lighting.

  I would rather fight with education than have anyone's rights taken away.
  sheila
Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  There are four parts to any experience ( how do I know this?...well about ten
years ago my former employer and my union forced me to go to an Anger
Management Class..lol..and you thought I was a sweet-heart)..1. The event 2.
The meaning/interpretation 3. feeling/emotion
4. behavioral response....reflecting back on my trip yesterday to my State
Capitol in Sacramento I spoke friendly with a few folks on the "yes" side of
AB1634 and it's just possible that they are just as sincerely convinced that
they are correct in their position as we are in ours...Evan posted last night
that putting one un-wanted cat or dog to death is a problem, I agree. I don't
know what Levine's true purpose is and in general most politics and politicians
turn me off....spending most of our time and money fighting and calling the
other side names is not the best way to deal with this problem. I don't believe
Levine in now not willing to talk to and work with the other side, he's gone on
record in the Senate committee and on TV saying that he is willing, attacking
him personally and calling him names serves no purpose at all...anything that
can be learned can be unlearned...we've all heard the expression that you must
fight "fire with fire".....the best way to fight
fire is with water...Ed Hill