[ SHOWGSD-L ] Juniors from the National

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:40:29 EDT

Now Jamie is doing the Juniors, and I see lots of young people who will be
the future of our breed.  First in was the Intermediate Class, won by Cathy
Hampton.  In there right now is Andrea Szabo, and Zane Brooks.  They  are from
the Novice Senior Class.  Jamie is talking to them both, and they  are using
only half the ring, and the winner Zane.  The kids hug, no one  ever hugged me
when I won.  Come to think of it, I donâ??t remember that I  ever won, that
might
be why.

Now Open Intermediate, and first is Holly Miller, then Shannon Weiss, and
the third is Tessa Farrell.  Not a lot of crowd support, but quite a bit of
shock.  There they go, and I am not sure how you judge them. That is
particularly a problem since I do judge Junior handlers.  Holly is the  sister
of Ashley
who won the Bob Hamilton Trophy for two years in a row and also  won the
academic achievement award for the highest grade point for this  year.

First is Tessa, then Shannon and third was Holly.

Now for the Open Senior class with first in the ring Elizabeth Stieferman,
then Elizabeth Kasten, then   Next Niccol Thomas, Melissa Chavez,  Robyn
Thomas, then Ashley Miller and finally Kim Beniger.  What a great  group.  They
all
do a great job, and again, it has to be hard to  decide.  They all take
direction well, I wonder if they do that well at  home.  I do think it might be
better idea to give them dogs that are  trained, but they all seem to have
different levels of showing. They sure do a  good job with what they have. Fred
is
talking to Fran and Joan, and Rita and  Joan are laughing, so it must be
something good.  Bob Freeny just came by  and gave me a pocket calendar. And
Juniors continue.  Reggie came and  talked to me.  He doesnâ??t have a Special,
and
someone is missing out.

Mamie is looking them over, and she calls them to the center to talk to  her.
I suspect she is telling them what she thinks and smiles, and is talking,
and they are nodding and listening.  She looks at each kid, and smiles and  is
still talking, and she seems to have a lot of suggestions, and she tells them
who won, but we donâ??t have any idea.  She has the ribbons, so she hasnâ??t
told them but first is Robyn Thomas, second is Elizabeth Kasten, third is Nicol

Thomas, and fourth Ashley Miller.

Now is the first place from each class, and going for Best Junior. There  are
four in there, and now to see who takes it all. She moves Tessa Ferrell to
the front, and is looking at the rest, and now she moves Zane in front and they
 go around. I guess she is giving them all a chance to be in front, and there
 they go, and ZANE GETS IT!  The crowd likes it.  And now, on to the  dogs.
How long can it take?

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together