[ SHOWGSD-L ] Junior Handler Mentoring

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:15:47 -0400

Sean

This is a good idea; I'm sure every area of our country could use a good
junior to help learn about exhibiting, grooming, handling, and general care
of the German Shepherd from a serious mentor.  I know Vicki Burkey and I
have been looking for a couple years for someone to join us....I have the
housing and you all know we have some GSDs just waiting for the show
ring....we just don't have enough hands and feet *grin*

I think your idea should start to gel now for sharing ideas, options, what
we, as breeders and exhibitors,  have to offer a junior and vice versa...the
"left coast" got Melissa this summer; now let's try to find more interested
young people for some "internships".  Put me on the list to help get this
started; even informally for a start.

Pat Lukos
Sarava German Shepherds