[ SHOWGSD-L ] June 9th Greenwich KC GSD Supported Entry, Bob Slay Judge

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:38:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Saturday, June 9th, the Greenwich Kennel Club will be hosting their 80th
 All Breed show at Taylor Farm Park in East Norwalk, CT.  The German
Shepherd Dog Club of Greater New Haven will be supporting this entry for the
3rd
time this year.  The previous two years we had majors in each sex  and we
anticipate another this year.  MBF is the show secretary.

The GKC gives us a double or triple size ring so the judges can actually
judge the GSDs the way they should be judged.  Bob Slay will be our judge
and as many of you know, Bob has been in Shepherds most of his life.  He
judged bitches at one of our Nationals back in the 80's in Kansas City if I
recall properly.  Bob stopped judging for a number of years while he served  in
an executive capacity with the AKC.  Now he is back to judging and is a
highly respected and sought after judge especially for German Shepherds.

This weekend also has three other all breed shows in the area.  On
Thursday the Taconic Hills Kennel Club will be hosting their 43rd All Breed
show
with Mr Vincent Grosso doing shepherds and on Friday their 44th All Breed
show  with Dorothy Collier judging the shepherds,  These shows will be at the
Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park in Yorktown Heights, NY.  Then on Sunday
the Longshore-Southport KC will host their 80th All Breed Show also at The
FDR  State Park.  Mrs.  Robert Smith from St Stephens Church VA will be
judging shepherds for this show.  Again MBF is the Show Secretary for all
these
shows.

Please come and support our club at the Greenwich show and we will all have
 a good time together and someone will come out of it with a major or two.
 Any questions please let me know.  John Vaught, President GSDC of Gtr New
Haven.

any post.