[ SHOWGSD-L ] Jumping German Shepherd

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 22:11:28 -0400

I got my first GSD in 1970. Wanted a dog like Rin Tin Tin. I was told
what a poor specimen he was. Going back years later and buying every
original Rin tin tin movie I could lay my hands on (think I have 6 or 7 now) I
studied what he could do and how his conformation related. He was a pretty
incredible dog even with the movie shtick that you can see through.
I would suggest rather than bad mouthing his conformation, people should
look at what in his conformation made him capable of doing those feats.
They still have jumping contests , I saw one on Youtube somewhere.
Lissa

Msg: #4 in digest
From: "Daphne Hereford" <Daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Jumping German Shepherd
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:55:34 -0500

You are right Evan. That was definitely 1930s or so film. In fact the dog
even resembled Rin Tin Tin III. But I do not know with any certainty that
it was him. From my personal experience with the Rin Tin Tin Line Dogs I
know Rin Tin Tin VIII could jump well himself. At the ranch on my way to the
kennel I once saw him as he was coming over a 12’ fence that surrounded
the pens. Oil people were doing seismic testing and he didn’t like it â
€“ so out he came.

Daphne Hereford