[ SHOWGSD-L ] Julie Degen

  • From: "crudolf tds.net" <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 01:00:24 -0400

Julie Degen, if you are still in the States, and haven't gone back to Korea,
I wanted to let you know that everything you told me is true.  The people
are super friendly and polite, they work very hard, are very honest, and
everything is very, very clean.  I did not have a chance to go out of Seoul,
but had a ball in this fascinating city even though my language skills left
tons to be desired.  If I got lost and could not find my way back to my
hotel,  or even looked just a tad confused, somebody would pull out an
I-phone and show me the way.  Ditto for when I got lost on the subway.  They
actually took me way out of their way to get me to the place I was looking
for and made sure I got on the right track and/or train.    The food was
awesome so healthy,  and I looked for overweight folks and could not find
any(they had just had a big to do about the weight problems with Americans
on the Today show before I left for Korea, so was checking that out as
well.  I am changing the way I eat--not that I needed to, but even though I
am on the very tall and slender side, I felt like I was  overweight
surrounded by all those super slender people.  I just feel so much better
eating much more fruit,  lots of veggies, and little meat and I can't even
tolerate sodas now--they are way too sweet.. I was never a fan of rice, now
I really like it, especially the brown ricde.  My skills with the chopsticks
have improved tremendously, and even rice and those slippery  noodles were
no problem to handle.    Now, if I could only make those wonderful soups.
My sister and I made many new friends while in Seoul and we both want to go
back.
Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
Fayetteville, Ohio