[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging the Final Solution

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:31:41 -0700

Many of the emails I send to the list get lost in cyber space, hope this one
makes it.
Evan dear,  on March 19, 2005 you judged the GSDC of So. Arizona show and gave
WB & BOW to Lorien Shatzmar Matinee, Breeder/Owner Twila Miner.  She is your
best friend and ex-employee.  While I know that you must have loved the bitch,
did you advise her not to show under you do to the appearance of etc...
Evan writes:
I also have no solution to dishonest.

The closest I can come it to only show under judges who have other things  in
their lives.

As a judge I can't imagine doing anything other than the best I can do in
the ring. It is hard for me to remember the standard, look over the dogs, try
not to be influenced by who is showing the dog, avoid be tricked by good
handling, and wonder who owns, or bred the entry.

I, and so many others, realize that our moment in the ring is but a part of
our lives, and not the most meaningfull or essential part. We have a short job
 to do and a limited time to do it. We don't have time to be dishonest,
political  or do favors for our friends,