[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging is a real sport

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 21:47:25 EDT

We agreed to pick up the judge tonight and take her to dinner, since we  will
not show under her. We just bought a dog she was involved in breeding, and
felt it wasn't the best idea, to enter under her. Also, I can't handle, and The
 Guz is limiting himself to Nationals for the rest of the year. So, we agreed
to  pick up Pam Stoesser.

Evidently Pam couldn't get a flight out of Milwalkee, it seemd the airport
was closed. So, they bussed her to Chicago. She got to the airport too late,
and  missed the flight. So, they booked her on a new flight, and she let us
know
she  would be a bit late. We then got a call, it seems that they canceled her
flight  out of Chicago.

Pam called, and we suggested she could fly into any airport, and we   would
be there. LAX, Ontario, Long Beach, John Wayne, Burbank.  It didn't  matter to
us, we would find her.  She then called to say her new flight was  going to be
delayed, then later to let us know it was canceled.  Then about  an hour
later to say it was un-canceled, and she was planning to get on, and to  look
for
her in Orange County.  So, we checked the flight and it did leave  the
run-way, and if Pam is on it, we will be there to pick her up.

I think this is her first judging assignment, and shows one of the joys of
judging.  I know she is thrilled.  We will take her out for dinner,  (probably
have to use the breakfast mennues), but we are commited to feed  her.  It is a
good thing I eat eight meals a day now.

And the good news is, we will miss most of the weekend traffic.  Now,  if I
just can stay awake.

From the show tomorrow, if I am able to do so, I will be posting. I heard
the Famous Linda Battistoni is going to be there, so I am all jazzed about
going
 to a dog show.  llI also talked to Jerry Graham, and he is going. I am
looking forward to seeing dogs again, and aIl my friends.  I think I  am
adicted,
and need a ten step program. It probably would start by admitting my  problem.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together