[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging The German Shepherd Dog

  • From: Harlowe Jahelka <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:02:03 -0600

Hi All,
I have been following the current threads re: the I.S. and the harm that is
done to All Breed Judges with the Video of the loose lead TT. I have no opinion
on the Video as I have not seen it.

The GSDCA at a judges seminar, gave me (and all other participants) a copy of
Judging The German Shepherd Dog by Helen Miller Fisher. It is one of the best
judging tools that I have read. This work covers all aspects of judging our
breed, including the loose lead TT, and flying trot.

I must confess that each time I Judge GSDs I reread this great work as well as
the official standard. I also reread the Obedience standard each time I judge
Obedience.

I know that there are some bad Judges out there! just like some bad Cops,
Doctors, and etc. I also see All Breed judges reading their standards prior to
judging; a Breed, Group, or Best in Show. That is a GOOD THING!

If you have not read Judging The GSD by Helen Miller Fisher please get a copy.

Harlowe Jahelka
Belleterre GSDs and Brussels Griffons
Cookeville, TN