[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging --- Responsibility? (I wrote it... so it's long.. LOL)

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:29:26 -0400

Well since you are asking i will try to answer. I will be provisional on
November 1st and rather than thinking about any other factors, i feel the
best thing a judge can do for our breed is be blind to anything else but the
dogs in the ring being exhibited that day and the standard of our breed.
Doing the best job to compare them to the standard is really all you can do.

If there's any message a judge should be sending it's one of honesty,
integrity and fairness and knowledge of the standard and an eye for the
correctness in our breed.

If there's any message the breeder/exhibitors should be sending to judges
and other exhibitors  it's by not entering under judges who aren't honest
and knowledgable of the standard. Complaining about what they award does
nothing, but not giving them an entry speaks loud and clear. If they have
nothing to judge then they can't put up dragging toes, faulty rears, bitchy
dogs, doggy bitches, lifting etc...................AMY

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com