[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging Assignment in Canada....the rest of the story.....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:27:26 -0700

Good Point Ruth.
ANY time the DOG is not ALL that is judged......it is discouraging to ALL of
us....even  'old timers'.
However I also think we can often 'read'  something in to a win every time we
lose if we want too.
In this small community of exhibitors......we all pretty much know each other.

At least Evan does!    <G>
A few years ago when I was elected to the Board in the Fall......we showed a
dog in January with a
young handler in our area that took his third major under a judge that had been
President before.
Someone that lost told everyone it was because I was now on the Board.    Point
is.....we did not
 know the judge,  had never had a conversation with him and he SURE didn't know
me.   He was
'outgoing'  and I was  'incoming' on the Board........and had not yet attended
ANY Board meeting.

To add to that......I see that Ellen Migliore honestly and openly addressed
that show this morning
and now I may appear  like part of the "unethical" .... 'by association'
.....<G>.......because the dog
 the handler  showed was of our breeding.     I did not know that at 11 pm last
night when I posted.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Ellen Migliore <ejmgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Judging Assignment in Canada....the rest of the story.....

  Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 10:15 PM

  Hello Folks,

  I received a phone call from someone tonight who said there is alot of talk
about Kent Boyles and myself on the other list.

  For those who don't know, I judged an afternoon Specialty in Canada this past
Saturday. Lisa Haus judged the morning show.

  The total entry for each show was 5 dogs, 10 bitches, 2 Specials (1 of each
sex).

  Was it right for Kent to show under me? It was legal as I understand. It puts
me in a bad position however, as he has shown for me recently. If I like his
dog the best and don't put it up, then I'm a crook. If I like his dog the best
and put it up, then I look like a crook a crook. A no win situation. I can look
like a crook or either be a crook!

  I think anyone that knows me knows that my honesty and integrity I hold in
highest regard.

  The total # of males ACTUALLY shown under me were 3 and they all came from
the Open Dog class.
  #1 WD - Mar Haven's Next in Line Reno Owned by Sharon Gabrielson & Kelly
Steder

  #2RWD Survival CovyTucker Hill Halago Owned by Jerome Berube, Andy
Tesiorowski, B. Heine and Richard Lortie

  #3 - Gappo Von Heveling Owned by Philip Mathew

  As the dogs were all standing in line I explained to them (the handlers and
anyone at ringside) this was a hard class, as I found fault with my first two
dogs, each (in my opinion) with their middle pieces. IN MY OPINION, from my
examination, the WD was loose over middle piece, as he had extra weight,
something that could be fixed. He appeared to have a solid temperment, large
head and nice side gait.
  The RWD, was longer in the loin and though I went over his wither hair also,
there was something disturbing to me about his back and loin. He was a fluid
sidegaiter.

  The 3rd dog appeared to have excellent temperment, but was not as fluid
either end and his back had more of a roach than I cared for.

  It was as simple as that.

  My bitches, I had a total of 5 shown under me., 2 - 9-12, 1 Canadian Bred and
3 Open.

  My 9-12, the bitch Kent won with a puppy that had excellent middle piece and
hindquarter. (2 entered)
  Tazzman's Ariel owned by Kerry Sachau

  Canadian bitch (only entry) a bitch Kent showed. Again, nice middle piece and
hindquarter
  Tazzman's Enough is Enough owned by Kerry Sachau and Brennan Kahler

  Open Bitch (3 entered)a bitch Kent showed, Again, nice middle piece and
hindquarter
  Tazzman's Sirren owned by Kerry Sachau and S. & J. Moses

  2nd place bitch, balanced mover, not as typey as first bitch
  Woodside's Ella Enchanted owned by Philip Mathew

  3rd place bitch, irratatic, a little upright on front end, extreme
hindquarter.
  Hellwigg's Dream Girl owned by Carmen Tussuzian and Wendy Haddrall

  WB went to Canadian Bred bitch that Raul showed, as I felt her forehand was
bettter than the Open bitch.
  RWB to Open
  Best Puppy to 9-12 by default, not saying that she was not deserving, just
had no competition.

  So, I had 3 males shown under me, 6 bitches and 2 Specials, which I did give
the Bitch Special Best of Breed, a lovely bitch. CH.That'd Be Mz Stonewall to
You owned by Joanne and Bill Randall and Lori and Abbey Hathaway

  The WD went BW and BOS

  I drove over to the show and arrived at 1220pm, sat in my car till 1250pm and
started judging @ 1pm. The prior judge was done with her assignment before I
got there.

  Apparently we put up all the same winners.

  I apologize to the fancy for this, it is not the type of situation I like to
be in. But I do standby my convictions of my placements and shame on those who
showed under me and forgot to mention "The Rest of the Story" as the previous
judge and I picked the same winners. The same Winners Dog........

  Ellen J Migliore

  permission to cross-post

  [

  Recent Activity
  Visit Your Group

  Need traffic?
  Drive customers
  With search ads
  on Yahoo!

  Biz Resources
  Y! Small Business
  Articles, tools,
  forms, and more.

  Group Charity
  Give a laptop
  Get a laptop: One
  laptop per child
  .

POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original