[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging

  • From: amidon@xxxxxxxxx (Barbara or DTA Amidon)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:25:51 -0500

I have been a Judge for many years..I had most of the herding and
working..I did 27 assignments a year some years..I did one the first
Rottweiler Nationals and the many others..As my true love was breeding I
opt not to Judge so many shows in fact some years turned down all
assignments..To be a good Judge you must have good ring presence and
procedure..Good behavior on and off the dog show is a must..You should
be able to tell all the reasons for your placings..Speak to some of the
so called knowlegeable and you will be shocked how little they really
know..You can have bred many Champions But that will not give you an eye
for Judging..By doing other breeds you realize soundness is the key not
just a super side gait..Judges are the ones saying to the public these
are what we want...Barbara Amidon   Having a great day in Malaga

http://www.geocities.com/amberkennel