[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judges being rude to exhibitors

  • From: Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 9:16:21 -0400

While I believe that a judge must  have the right to express his opinion of a
dog (that is what he is there to do), I do not believe that a judge has a right
to be rude to anyone in or out of the ring.  Rude behaviour on the part of a
judge or exhibitor, should be punished in some way.    We may not agree with
the judge's decisions, but this is supposed to be a sport, and in a sport there
will always be more loosers than winners.   The judge is supposed to command
respect,  rude behaviour diminishes the respect due the person who is supposed
to be an expert in that breed and will  give newcomers to the sport the
impression that show people in general are rude.