[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: John Q and boy did I step in it!!!!

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WymanKennel@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

This sad crap of people breeding for no good reason is not why there are so
many dogs in shelters.  The shelters are full of dog that people don't bother
training and then decide the dog is too much trouble.  Shelters would be empty
if people did not throw away everything that does not work perfectly for them.

  I had a Rottie that I needed for protection for about a month.  Once the
issue was over I did not NEED this guard dog any more.  I would love to have
dumped her then and gotten another GSD who was not dog aggressive and food
agressive and did not try to purr like a cat and scare the bejeebers out of
people when she was being friendly.

  But I did not throw her away or send her back to the breeder, who was a
reputable breeder and judge of the breed.  I kept her and her problems and
worked with her daily for almost 10 years.  I did not "get rid" of her until
she had only a few painful weeks to live.  She kept me from owning show dogs
back then, and she kept me from really enjoying her.  I never really liked this
dog.  But the family loved her and I dealt with her dominance issues that
impacted only me for as long as she was healthy.  But I assure you, I never
entertained treating her cancer, not even for a second.  There was no love lost
upon her death.

  I got Liddy 2 weeks later and have loved nearly every minute with her.  I
regret only sending her off to finish, cause she did not finish.  She should
have but life got in the way.
  sheila
WymanKennel@xxxxxxx wrote:
  WOW!!!! Most people are not educated about the responsibilities of having
dogs. People just think that having a female means breeding and having puppies
to make money. Geess, make money! LOL. Wish I could do that. Its not easy
raising puppies! All the time money and so on for them. Some people just don't
get it. When I get those type of calls, I try to also educate them but most
likely they don't end up getting a dog from me. They will probably go get a
back
yard bred dog and keep breeding. No wonder we have so many dogs in the
shelters. Sad!

_Evy Wyman_ (http://www.wymankennel.com/)

Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)

 between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99