[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Joannie Ford

  • From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <norberge@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:17:05 -0400

I Sure HOPE that someone is coppying all these allocades for Joan Ford and
making them in to a book for the rest of us !!!  Barbara Glasso ???? AHeila
Liberman ?? OR some other of you talented People who have away with words !
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Joannie Ford

I have just lost my mentor for a time, but know I will see her again.  She
was an incredible lady, so willing to take the time for someone new to the
sport.  Her and Fran became my mentors when I sold them Lexus years ago.  I
would send her videos of litters even when they had nothing to do with her
dogs.  She would call me and walk through the video critiquing each puppy.
I learned so much from her.  She was so gracious with her knowledge, her
friendship, and her home.
I had the opportunity to spend some time right before last Christmas with
them and it was so very special.  We hung their Christmas lights outside and
spent a week just visiting.    I just love her and Fran for everything they
gave to me, but especially their time.   Her knowledge and dogs will leave a
legacy that will certainly past my lifetime.   Her honesty was impeccable
and for all of us that were touched by Joannie, we know that we have been
blessed.   She was one of few I could talk to about anything, and her
listening, caring, and advise on occasion was always what I needed.  Her
influence in my life and in my dogs made a positive impact.   We have lost a
grand lady in our breed and a wonderful person who had a place in my heart.
My prayers and thoughts are with Fran and their family.  God Bless,   Pamela
O'Dell