[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Joan, Lee and Molly

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:20:16 EST

I don't know Helen or Calvin, but I know there are a lot of great
judges on this list, and I would hate to think they can't express
their opinion of a dog that impresses them.  I've taken a second
look at several dogs because of conversations I had ringside at
the Oregon National with some judges.  I've also learned a lot
from comments made on the list by judges, ie, Peggy, Bud,
Norma, both Helen's, Evan, etc., when they've discussed dogs
past and present.   I agree there might be a question about
actively promoting dogs they have an interest in, but brags
probably do the same thing.  Where do you draw the line?
- Janice

In a message dated 2/16/2007 10:25:39 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx writes:
Hello,

Personally, I don't think judges should make  list  comments or public
comments on dogs currently being exhibited.  Now  wouldn't it be very
discouraging
for an exhibitor to show under  you and get  dumped for Calvin when you've so
boastfully backed this  dogs on the list?  This falls under just common sense
me, not a  good way to boost entries. Its  hard enough to spend the money on
the  sometimes seemingly remote chance your dog  will win much less when you
KNOW the judge just LOVES this one dog and his  handler knows it too.  Maybe
Calvin's handler will be the only exhibitor at your  next  assignment. I
wouldn't
blame anyone for spending their hard earned  money  and time under a less
vocal
judge.
Remember  encourage not discourage?

Bonnie
BonJen   Shepherds

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."