[ SHOWGSD-L ] Jimmy/Mary

  • From: "E.G. Baker" <shadowbrooktx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "show shepherd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:06:45 -0600

 I haven't read a lot of the posts on the "All Breed'' Thread. I do remember
shows in the 70's. No One I mean No One could go in an All Breed ring & command
the attention of Mary Roberts. People be-rated her dogs, said she bought the
judges, pulled their dogs etc. They also criticized her for not showing at many
"Specialties". But when she did she won.
However how could you not have loved that lady? She was First Class in & out of
the Ring
Her Dogs were always in excellent shape & ready to show & she deserved her wins.
Jimmy Moses even in the beginning had a certain "Magic" with the dogs (good &
bad). He
seems to make his dogs look better, even today. I saw him at the last Georgia
National for the first time in 25+ years & he hasn't lost it. There have been a
lot of very good handlers
in our breed. I wouldn't want to name any for fear of offending others. I will
say it is too easy to criticize those we sometimes envy. Also one of the most
outstanding moments I had at a show was watching Ann Mesdag blow every one away
with Harrigan at a very large Specialty show in Dallas Texas!!!

 Lets enjoy seeing these handlers now because we will all remember them as
being better
probably than they are, in the future.

Gene Baker
********Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :