[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Jimmy Moses

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, CallieGrls@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:38:12 -0600

thanks Kathy for using this analogy..GREAT ones..not good ones. or
average.or just finishable ones..Great ones make a handler. the Gazette has
a great article on Lance and his contribution to the breed. Pictured is
Jimmy on the dog..he looks to be 20 at best..I dare say at twenty..he may
have been a good handler..but not the master he has become. the dog however
was GREAT..he would have been great with or without Jimmy. A dog that is
good, or average..or just finishable..needs all the pro skills the handler
can muster up. With a GREAT one you can make mistakes in presentation and
they still look spectacular.Tom Sherman told me once that someone asked him
why he let Michael handle Magnum..why didn't he get a "pro" His feeling was
that a great dog would be noticed..and a great dog would make the
handler..so he wanted to give Michael something great when he began to
handle..apparently it worked. I bet if you asked handlers..they could all
give the name of the dog that basically put them on the map.Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM