[ SHOWGSD-L ] Jill Tracks Smithville Again

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:05:33 EST

Yep, Betty lost her bet and she really doesn't even mind.

Last year when things got a little rough, I would just take Jill out for a
walk in the woods to do a little tracking training and play with my dog.  Julie
Degen got Nicky and I interested in Tracking, Nicky was a much better student
and she earned Catie's TD at the Albany national.  Guess I am an older dog and
it takes longer to train me.

Anyway Jill is a wonderful tracking dog and with the push by Nicky and Kathy
Donaldson I tried to be a tracking trainer.

There is no rush like the one you get when after about 10 minutes of tracking
about 500 yards (Felt like 500 miles to me.), having a few deer cross the
track and had a loose dog bark at us from the woods my Jill found the glove and
got to raise it high over my head and yell like a girl.

Yep, my dog can track and I am very proud of AM/CAN SEL CH Carousel Farms
Jill v Cypress HIC, TC, TD.

Thank you Julie, Nicky and Kathy for teaching this old dog (me) some new
tricks.

Lew