[ SHOWGSD-L ] January REVIEW....1957

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:16:34 +0000 (UTC)

Yesterday after watching the Dr. Oz show ( boredom is not a pretty thing) I
started going through some old Reviews...one of my favorites is the Oct 97
Review ( it must have been the one before the 97 National cuz it was
hugh!)....I see an insert including the cover of the January 1957 Review..( I
was 3 years old)....anyway the dog on the cover does not look very much like
the dogs in the ring today...in fact he looks a lot like my two German/American
crosses....wonder what the standard was back then? the club also had THREE VPs
in 1957.....Dan Smith was the President in Oct 97 and he wrote an article about
better communication between the board and it's members...Dan must have be
clairvoyant....Dave Rinke I believe judged the 97 National and he also wrote
an article in the Oct 97 Review....he talked about how he would judge it.....he
also said in the article a GSD should look like, act like , and move like a
GSD.....but the best part of the Oct 97 Review to me was NOT that I had my
first ad with my soon to be only  AM/CAN Champion ( although in OCT 97 that
was my favorite part..lol)...my favorite part was the moving tribute by Dr.
Perez and family to his father....next time you're bored...pick up an old
Review....It made by day.......today, I'm gonna steal a car....lol...FB