[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Jackie Short's e-mail

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:25:47 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you, Iza, and would add that they want a healthy dog.  At least
half of the people who contact me about puppies have had a previous gsd from
the "Euro working lines" breeders on the internet in the Midwest.  I have heard
about many cases of dysplasia and seizures in these dogs.  The buyers have
learned to look to the American show lines for dogs sound in body and
temperament.  Don't ask me how they learned that.  They find me through our
regional club's website.
On the working end of things, it does depress me when I look in each Review for
breed champions recently granted working titles.  There are very few.
Conformation is not everything...especially to the dogs!!!

Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com
Home of Ch. RiverRock's Hotel Callifornia CHIC, STDs, OFTDs, JHD (Callie),
High Scoring Champion in Herding at 2009 GSDCA National Specialty Show, and
RiverRock's Straight From The Heart (Sera Jane), a legend in her own mind!